Buying a new console (or receiving one as a gift) was only half the battle. Now you have to kit it out with all the best accessories. Thankfully, we’ve already done the job for you. This week, we combed through the dozens of accessories for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in order to find the items you’ll need.
Be sure to check out three of the best PS4 accessories as well.
Play and Charge Kit
For better or worse, the Xbox One controller comes standard with a AA battery pack rather than a rechargeable battery. It’s a huge part of why the Xbox One controller lasts so much longer than the DualShock 4, but buying those batteries can begin to add up, which is why the Play & Charge Kit is preferable for many Xbox One owners.
Keep the action going with the Xbox One Play and Charge Kit. Recharge while you play or afterwards, even when your Xbox is in standby. The long-lasting rechargeable battery fully charges in under 4 hours. Say goodbye to disposable batteries and having to swap them out in the middle of a game.
- Charges while you play and when the console is in standby mode
- Save money by not having to buy AA batteries for your Wireless Controller
- LED charging indicator on the cable
- Fully recharges under 4hrs
Available at Amazon for $24.21
The second item on our list is also a first-party product, but you’re probably not going to find a better headset for the price of the official Xbox One Stereo Headset. It plugs into the Xbox One controller through a detachable headset adapter, it outputs high quality sound and it just looks good.
Immerse yourself in rich stereo sound with the Xbox One Stereo Headset.
- Built from the ground up by Xbox for a personal, immersive game and chat experience
- Rich stereo sound and clear voice capture
- Comfortable, lightweight fit for long gaming sessions
- Easily adjust game and chat audio to focus on what you want to hear
Available at Amazon for $49.90
After scouring the Internet for Xbox One accessories, it became clear that all of the best buys were coming straight from Microsoft. That’s the case once again with the official Media Remote, down to a price that makes it tempting even for users who don’t think they’ll ever need it.
Your favorite entertainment is at your fingertips with the Xbox One Media Remote . It puts you in control of Blu-ray movies, streaming video and apps and works with Kinect. to control power and volume on your TV or receiver. Featuring backlit buttons that light up automatically and direct access to the OneGuide, this simple, powerful remote is designed to help you watch and switch instantly.
- Easy-to-use remote to control your entertainment
- OneGuide button provides one-touch, quick access to all of your favorites in one place
- Control video playback for Blu-ray movies and streaming video on Xbox One
- Up to 30 foot range (straight line from console)
- Infrared (IR) transmitter and motion-activated backlit buttons
Available at Amazon for $21.95
This article was originally published on BGR.com