12 Tips to a Create a User Focused Conversion Funnel Your Audience Will Zoom Through!
We all see and read the buzzwords… content marketing, conversion funnels, inbound marketing, marketing automation, social network marketing, and the list goes on and on. They are all great words, strategies and tactics, IF you know what to do with them.
We work with clients of all sizes from entrepreneurs and startups to Fortune 100 brands. We find that regardless of size, the same questions and answers still exist. It doesn’t matter how big or small your brand is, there are some common foundational strategies and tactics that must be acknowledged and implemented if real business results are required.
At the core of success in social business is understanding that relevant value in the eyes and ears of your audience combined with authentic relationships built on trust drive everything. Relationships take time and are not going to be nurtured overnight.
Invest in the most compelling user experience and content you can to inspire, empower and connect with your audience on a regular basis and the conversions will follow. It’s both art and science. It’s not magic and there are no super easy buttons or magic carpet rides. Get in the head of your audience and give them what they need, when and where they want it!
Below are 12 simple tips to help you create content and design an experience on your blog or website that will inspire, engage, and connect your audience with you. You must focus on helping your audience achieve their goals. When you help them achieve their goals, you achieve yours by default. Inspire – Connect – Achieve.
12 Tips to Create a User Conversion Focused Conversion Funnel Your Audience Will Zoom Through!
1. Know who you are. What is your brand architecture? What is your brand promise? What is your identity? What does your brand mean to you? To others? Who are you today, tomorrow? Who do you want to be when you grow up? How does what you do and offer stack up to the competition? How are you unique?
Tip: There is only one you so be that person or that brand, period. Download our free “15 Tips to Stomp Status Quo & Zoom Your Brand” Whitepaper
2. Know who they are. Who is your audience? What are their demographics? What are their goals and objectives? What are their problems in business and life? What keeps them up at night? What do they dream about? Are they joining your community as a leader, follower? Are they new in their learning of your content topic or an expert looking for a resource to share with their community?
Tip: Prioritize your audiences and their needs. Download this worksheet to help you get started “POST Audience Analysis Worksheet.”
3. Know what they want. What is it they are looking for? Fame? Fortune? ROI? Simple information to help them drive efficiencies in life or business? All of the above? What do they want from you? What do they want from others? Why do they want what they want?
Tip: The most important question you can answer is WHY. Read this post -> “WHY… The Most Important Question to Ask in Social Media.“
4. What can you offer them? How are you going to help them get what they need? How will you help them solve problems? How can you serve up the most compelling, relevant, valuable information, products and services? What information and offers will you offer at the top, middle and bottom of the conversion funnel? How are you going to relate to your audience in a human way? You can’t do such unless you know who they are.
Tip: Download this editorial calendar to help you organize your content and publishing schedule-> Ultimate Content Marketing Editorial Calendar
5. What format do the goods come in? What format does the information come in? Is it in a white paper? Is there a video? Google Hangout? Blog post? Podcast? Infographic pinned to Pinterest? Class where they can learn? All of the above? Don’t overwhelm them with buttons and gadgets. Make it clear for them what you offer and in what mediums they can consume the information, service or product. Create the best possible user experience.
Tip: Listen to this #GetRealChat Radio show we recently recorded with IBM Social Business – Exceptional Digital Experience team. It includes excellent tips and tricks to creating the best possible user experience for your online and mobile visitors.
6. How much will it cost them? What do they need to do to get it? Is it free? Does it cost money? Does it require simply an opt-in and to trust you with their email address?
7. Make it easy for them to get what they want and need from you? Don’t make them jump thru hoops to get a white paper. If you post a button that says “free download” please don’t make the free download 10 clicks away. Make it as easy as you can to get what they want.
Tip: Stop the trickery. Make it as easy as possible for your target audience to get what they need from you.
8. What are the next steps? If they trust you with their email address or credit card what are the next steps? Make this clear before they trust you with such important and valuable information. How long will it take for them to receive the product? Will they get an email confirmation first? Where do they go to download the information? Where and how do they get their purchased product? When will they get their purchased product or service? What if something goes wrong?
9. How can they tell all of their friends about you and your awesome sauce? Does your blog or website make it easy for people to shout from the social mountain top about how awesome you are? Or are you making it difficult for them? People will not tell their friends about you via online mediums such as social networks unless you make it easy for them to do such.
Tip: Make sure social sharing buttons are included on every page. Include your Twitter handle and other relevant information in any auto tweets that are shared from blog post titles, special offers etc. so that others can easily find your information, products and services.
10. Give them something to come back for. Hopefully you inspired them so much that the communication door is so wide open they can’t help but walk back thru on another day. Make it a goal that your blog readers bookmark your page and want to come back to devour more of your amazing content.
Tip: Create themes of conversation and content. Create a series that offers methodologies, tips and tricks over time. Drip in different mediums such as video, podcast, blog posts over time so that there is always a different way to consume information.
11. Keep the communication door open. Don’t leave a good conversation on the table. If they trusted you with their email address don’t let it go to waste. Follow up with them in a few days or weeks time to offer them something of value. Avoid the spam and focus on the most relevant content possible. If they comment on your blog, Facebook page or send you a tweet, respond.
Tip: Read this article-> Communities Create Markets – 13 Tips to Build Loyal Tribes of Brand Evangelists
12. Embrace imperfect perfection. Accept the fact your blog, website and social platforms are never going to be perfect. As marketers there is always going to be something we can do to spice things up, add more bells and whistles and even increase value for our audience. At some point you must just release the initiative to market. Sometimes really good is simply good enough!
What Say You?
How do you zoom people through your conversion funnel(s?) What do the best brands do to zoom you through their conversion funnels?
More Business articles from Business 2 Community: