Create a Custom Web Site
- Simple site design tools make it easy to create your own web site. View demo
- No downloads, special software, or tech experience is necessary — everything you need is online.
- You can customize free professional designs from Yahoo Web Hosting to suit your business. View gallery
- A step-by-step guide and checklist walk you through creating a site.
- We offer support for third-party design and development tools (Advanced and Premier plans only). Learn more
- Photo galleries and slideshows provide a great way to visually promote your business. View sample
- Video galleries are perfect for product demos, speeches, testimonials from happy customers, and more. View sample
- Visitors can play or download any audio tracks you post, such as original music, readings, sermons, and more.
- Customizable forms capture valuable contact info and help you generate new leads. View sample
- You can add PayPal to your site to offer customers a way to make small purchases.
- Maps and driving directions can help customers easily find your business. View sample
- Dynamic content and other tools to engage visitors can be added to your site using Widgetbox and Google Gadgets mini-applications.
- Google AdSense ads on your site offer a way to earn additional revenue as your site traffic grows.
- Use social networks like Facebook and Twitter to interact with your customers and prospects.
- Yahoo Web Hosting sites are up and running 99.9% of the time.*
- Your web site is backed up in different geographic locations so it will stay live in an emergency.
- Your web site runs on a Unix operating system and Apache servers.
- Password protection is available for your accounts and sections of your web site (Advanced and Premier plans only).
- Shared SSL certificates and encryption protect the information customers submit to your site (Advanced and Premier plans only).
- For an additional fee, you can sign up for the Norton™ Secured Seal to establish even more credibility with customers. Learn more
- An included domain name (e.g., papayadayspa.com)
- 100GB, 500GB, or unlimited disk space
- 1,000GB/mo., 5,000GB/mo., or unlimited data transfer
- Unlimited email storage. See Details
- 250, 500, or 1,000 email addresses (e.g., email@example.com) and professional email service. Learn more
- Private Domain Registration to protect your contact information (Premier plan only).
- 24-7 phone, email, and online support
- 30-day web hosting satisfaction guarantee Learn more
- Track the number of visitors to your web site on a daily or monthly basis. View sample
- Monitor your ranking in the top three search engines.
- Improve your ranking with the help of our detailed recommendations.
- Learn which keywords and search engines people use to find your site.
- Find out which web sites are driving visitors to your business.
- Easily add Google Analytics or Yahoo Web Analytics tracking to your site to gather even more actionable web site and marketing metrics.**
- Announce your new site with a grand-opening email. Learn more
- Submit your site to Yahoo, Google, and Microsoft search engines with just a click.
- Reach customers looking for businesses in your area by listing your site in Yahoo Local.
- Discover dozens of ways to promote your business for low or no cost with our marketing how-to guides.
- Save on search-advertising campaign costs: Get a $75 credit toward the Yahoo Bing Network. ***
Get more details on the plans and services offered. View full list
* Based on internal monitoring. Does not include downtime for scheduled maintenance.
** Yahoo Web Analytics and Google Analytics accounts must be set up separately.
*** Discounts available to new Yahoo Bing Network advertisers only. Instructions for redeeming these offers will be available after sign up in the Promote section of your account.
Yahoo Web Hosting Advanced and Premier plans are compatible with your favorite tools. *
- Support for third-party design tools like Adobe Dreamweaver®, Adobe GoLive®, and Microsoft Publisher
- PHP version 5.3.6 and support for hundreds of PHP functions
- Perl version 5.8.7 and support for the standard library plus 12 additional modules
- MySQL 5, with unlimited databases
- Support for most FTP software
- Support for Flash, Shockwave, videos, and other multimedia files
- Integrated WordPress blogging
*Third-party tools such as Adobe Dreamweaver®, Adobe GoLive®, and Microsoft Publisher must be purchased separately.
Give site visitors more peace of mind with the Norton™ Secured Seal.
- Displaying a trust mark from a respected, well-known organization like Symantec can make your site look more professional and encourage your visitors to share personal information and shop with confidence.
- When your visitors click your Norton™ Secured Seal, they'll see information validating that you are who you say you are. Knowing more about you can boost their trust in your business — helping you turn visitors into customers.
Please note that the Norton™ Secured Seal is available only for U.S.-based businesses.
Unlimited Disk Space, Data Transfer, and Email Storage
- What do "unlimited disk space, data transfer, and email storage" mean?
- It's pretty straightforward: Customers who use Yahoo Web Hosting can obtain unlimited disk space, data transfer, and email storage if they use their services consistently with the Terms of Service and these paragraphs.
- What is appropriate usage?
Yahoo Web Hosting is designed to serve the web hosting needs of small, independently owned and operated businesses in the United States. It is not appropriate to use our services to support large enterprises or internationally based businesses with a sustained demand that places undue burden on our systems or negatively impacts use by small, independently owned and operated businesses.
Yahoo Web Hosting is a shared web hosting service, which means that a number of customers' web sites and other email or storage services are hosted from the same server. Yahoo uses abuse controls to help ensure that use of our services does not adversely affect the performance of our system or other customers' sites. It is not appropriate to use an account primarily as an online storage space or for archiving electronic files.
- Disk space
- If you use your services consistently with the Terms of Service and these paragraphs, your site can grow as large as necessary to meet your small business needs, but to ensure a great experience for all, we will place some constraints on how fast you can grow. The vast majority of our customers' sites grow at rates well within our rules, but our abuse controls may cause a brief delay while we evaluate if expansion is appropriate.
- Data transfer
In most cases, if you use our services consistently with the Terms of Service and these paragraphs, visitors to your web site will be able to download and view as much content from your site as they like. However, in certain circumstances, our server processing power, server memory, or abuse controls could limit downloads from your site.
You can also upload as much as content as you like each month, subject only to the Terms of Service and the rules that control how fast your site can grow (see above).
- Email storage
You do not have to worry about hitting a storage limit if you use our services consistently with the Terms of Service and these paragraphs.
Yahoo will increase your space along with your appropriate small business needs, but our abuse controls may impact the rate of growth or your folder size, and there may be a short delay while we assess your usage. In some cases, creating additional folders or subfolders will help ensure that the system works well for everyone.
Enjoy convenient, flexible email features.
- Email access from anywhere online.
- Compatibility with email applications like Microsoft Outlook®
- SpamGuard Plus, for powerful spam protection
- Norton AntiVirus, for virus protection
Tell everyone your site is open for business.
- Send details about your new web site to friends, family, and customers.
- Drive customers to your home page with a prominent link.
- Include an optional coupon as an additional incentive.
Web Hosting Billing Details
- How can you pay for Web Hosting?
- We accept the following payment methods: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, and PayPal.
- When will you be billed?
- You will be billed for a full term when you sign up for your Yahoo Web Hosting service.
- What happens after the first term?
- After your first term, your subscription will be renewed automatically for another term. This billing cycle will continue automatically as long as you maintain your account with us. Your domain registration is for a one-year term and is separate from your web hosting term. We renew your domain each year as long as you maintain your account with us.
- Can you cancel after you've signed up?
- Our 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee allows you to cancel your order within 30 days without any penalty fees. Should you cancel within this time, you will receive a refund of your hosting fee, less the $7 fee we paid to our domain partner to register your domain name. Your refund will also include any setup fees you paid when you signed up.
- If you cancel, will you lose your domain name?
- No, the nonrefundable $7 domain registration fee means you own your domain until the end of the one-year registration term. We'll renew your domain each year as long as you maintain your account with us.
30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
The 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee applies to new orders for Yahoo Web Hosting and to existing Yahoo Small Business customers who upgrade to Yahoo Web Hosting from eligible products. Subject to the following limitations, you will receive a refund from Yahoo of your Yahoo Web Hosting fee, including any setup fees actually assessed, if you are not completely satisfied. Included in your Yahoo Web Hosting fee is a required $7.00 per year domain registration fee. This domain registration fee is paid by Yahoo on your behalf to a third party following placement of your order, cannot be canceled by Yahoo, and is nonrefundable, however, arrangements can be made to transfer your domain name to a new provider after 60 days. If the total Yahoo Web Hosting fee paid by you is less than the $7.00 per year non-refundable domain registration fee, you will not receive a refund on orders cancelled under the 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee. The Satisfaction Guarantee starts on the date your initial order is placed. Claims for a refund of Yahoo Web Hosting fees must be made within 30 calendar days of your initial order. All refund requests must be made by calling 866-858-8106 and must be specifically requested at time of cancellation. Refunds will be made only to the name, address, and credit card account on file. Refund does not apply to any add-on services, such as additional bandwidth, additional email addresses, or Private Domain Registration. Other restrictions may apply. See the Yahoo Small Business Consolidated Terms of Service when you sign up.