Partner with us and start earning more today!
- What is the Yahoo Small Business Advocate Program?
- The Yahoo Small Business Advocate Program is a fast and easy way for you to generate income. If you have a web site, you can earn money by promoting Yahoo Web Hosting and Yahoo Merchant Solutions, which offers highly-popular, world-class hosting and domain services, using banner and text links provided by Yahoo. Every time a visitor clicks a link on your site to go to Yahoo Web Hosting or Yahoo Merchant Solutions and then becomes a new Web Hosting or Yahoo Merchant Solutions customer, you earn commissions.
- How do I join?
- It's easy! First, you must read and accept the terms of the Commission Junction Publisher Agreement to apply to become a Commission Junction Publisher. Then, you must read and accept the terms of our Advocate Program Agreement to apply to become a Yahoo Small Business Advocate. If you're accepted, just copy and paste the provided HTML codes onto your web site to display links to Yahoo Small Business. The links will contain a unique account code to credit you for subscriptions that are generated from your site. When a visitor clicks on one of these links and purchases a subscription for Yahoo Web Hosting or Yahoo Merchant Solutions, Commission Junction will track your code, calculate your commissions, and provide you with real-time reporting and monthly commission checks.
- What is Yahoo's policy on adult content?
- The Yahoo Small Business Advocate Program prohibits sites with adult content and reserves the right to audit and review member sites for compliance with our policies. If your site(s) are deemed objectionable, we reserve the right to reject an application or revoke a site's membership at any time. Please see our Advocate agreement for further information on our adult content policy.
- Can I participate if I live outside the U.S.?
- Yes. We welcome Small Business Advocates from many countries so long as they primarily target U.S. customers. Please be aware, however, that the Yahoo Web Hosting and Yahoo Merchant Solutions service is for U.S. residents only and that customers who subscribe to our service must pay in U.S. dollars.
- Is a web site required to become a member?
- Yes. If you do not yet have a web site, please apply after your web site is live and fully functional. Without a web site, we have no means of evaluating your application.
- Who will manage and administer the Yahoo Small Business Advocate Program?
We've teamed with Commission Junction to provide you with trusted third-party tracking, real-time reporting, and monthly commission payments. Once you are accepted into the Commission Junction Publisher network and accepted into our Yahoo Small Business Advocate Program, you'll be taken to Commission Junction's site to create your own secure, password-protected account.
Your Commission Junction account will give you access to various Yahoo Small Business text and banner links, as well as pre-approved promotional copy. Additionally, you will have the ability to view your account activity, calculate your commissions earned based on active customer leads, and run reports that provide statistics on all your activities, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- What if forget my login name and/or password?
- If you have forgotten your login name or password, call Commission Junction at (800) 761-1072 and ask for Client Services. Alternatively, send an email to email@example.com requesting your account information.
- What if I have more than one web site?
- You may refer traffic and earn rewards using more than one site, subject to the same terms of the Advocate Program Agreement. To add multiple sites to your account, log in to your Commission Junction account and add additional sites under web site Settings on the Account tab.
- What are my responsibilities as a Yahoo Small Business Advocate?
- All you need to do is to drive potential subscribers from your existing customer base to Yahoo Web Hosting or Yahoo Merchant Solutions that are new to Yahoo Small Business. Keep in mind that Yahoo Small Business is a leading online service that offers world-class, reliable solutions to get small businesses online and growing with ease. That means you're referring potential subscribers to highly-popular products, backed with Yahoo's credibility on the Internet, and that makes it easier for you to succeed! To keep track of how your links perform, be sure to follow the statistics of your site's performance via your Commission Junction account.
- What are the responsibilities of Yahoo Small Business?
- We will provide you with the tools and support you need to maximize sales across your site. We'll provide effective, high-performing banners and text links. On our side, we employ innovative strategies for converting visitors into Yahoo Small Business subscribers. Also, we continually strive to enhance the Yahoo Small Business products, to offer compelling, world-class online small business services at great values.
- When does payment start?
- Payments will be issued on the 20th of the month for any subscriptions that have met the 60 day maturity and other requirements by the last day of the immediately prior calendar month.
- How can I cancel the program after signing up?
- To formally end your relationship with the Yahoo Small Business Advocate Program, log into your Commission Junction publisher account. On your account home page select Yahoo Small Business from the "My Advertisers" drop down menu, and click "Go". This will open the program detail page. At the bottom of the detail page you will find the "Expire" button. Click "Expire" to terminate your relationship. You are required to remove links from your site and will no longer be eligible to receive any commissions from Yahoo Small Business from the termination date.
- How can I contact the Yahoo Small Business Advocate Team?
- If you have additional questions not covered in this FAQ section, please email Yahoo Small Business Advocate Program.
- Can I bid on the keyword "Yahoo Web Hosting, Yahoo Merchant Solutions, or Yahoo Small Business"?
Yes, as an Advocate partner, you may bid on the name Yahoo Web Hosting, Yahoo Merchant Solutions, Yahoo Small Business, Y! Store, Y Store, Yahoo Store, or Yahoo Store, if in your listing (title or description) you: (1) identify yourself as an Advocate (denoted by Adv, Advoc., Advocate, etc. in the text of the ad) and, (2) link directly to the Yahoo Small Business website (and related Yahoo Web Hosting or Yahoo Merchant Solutions pages) or a similar Yahoo Web Hosting web address approved by Yahoo.
In other words, if you advertise using the term "Yahoo Web Hosting" you cannot link to a page that offers information or links to any Yahoo Web Hosting competitor, unless it's an objective service-comparison site (more on this later).
- Can I bid on generic keywords?
Yes, you can bid on popular, generic, non-trademarked keywords (e.g. "Web Hosting, hosting) and use the name Yahoo Web Hosting in the title or description of your ad. But you must link directly to either (1) the Yahoo Small Business Web site, (2) a page on your site that primarily promotes Yahoo Web Hosting (meaning more than 50% of the presence on the site), or (3) an objective service-comparison site, with Yahoo Web Hosting as one of the represented services.
In other words, if you bid on generic terms and include Yahoo Web Hosting in the advertisement, you must link to the Yahoo Small Business site, or a page that primarily promotes Yahoo Web Hosting, or an objective service comparison site.
What you cannot do is advertise on a term like "hosting", use the Yahoo Web Hosting name in your ad, while linking directly to a competitor's site, or to a page on your site that does not primarily promote the Yahoo Web Hosting service.
Commissions and Payments
- How much will I be paid?
You'll be paid 45% of subscription fees actually received from every eligible new Yahoo Small Business Web Hosting and/or Merchant Solutions subscribing customer that has met the minimum requirements, including being an active, paying customer for at least 60 days. You will continue to get paid every month a customer remains an active, paying customer of the original product purchased from your site.
See the Yahoo Small Business Advocate Program Terms for complete details.
Your Links to Yahoo Small Business
- How do I find and add Yahoo Small Business links to my web site?
- After you log into your account at www.cj.com, go to the Yahoo Small Business section. Once there, choose from an assortment of banners and text links, and copy the HTML code to your site. If you have technical questions, please call Commission Junction's Client Services at (800) 761-1072.
- Am I required to place a link on my web site?
- While it is not a condition of joining our Small Business Advocate Program, you cannot earn commissions without adding a link to your site.
- Where should I place Yahoo Small Business links on my web site?
- Place Yahoo Small Business links in areas where visitors to your site are most likely to see them. We suggest placement on your homepage, or other high-traffic pages. We suggest placing the links strategically where your site's content is relevant to small business owners looking to get online and build a web site or online store. By putting these links in relevant areas of your site, your visitors will be more likely to click through and subscribe.
- What if I experience problems with links or difficulty tracking?
- For technical questions like this, contact Commission Junction at (800) 761-1072 and ask for Client Services.
- How often should I change Yahoo Small Business banner and text links on my site?
- We encourage you to change links occasionally to keep your site fresh for visitors. Understanding your visitors' preferences will maximize click through to Yahoo Small Business, improving your earning potential.
- Can I publish your subscription prices on my site?
- No. As prices, terms, and options are subject to change, we will only honor subscription prices listed on the Yahoo Small Business site and not prices, special offers or discounts made by Small Business Advocates on their referring web sites. If you have a request in regards to creating promotional content on your site dedicated to Yahoo Web Hosting or Yahoo Merchant Solutions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- Tracking and Reporting
- You will receive payment via Commission Junction on the 20th day of each month for commissions earned and reported in the prior month.
- How do I find out how many clicks and impressions are generated from each link?
- Sign into your account and select "Run Reports". Statistics and account activity are updated daily and running reports will tell you how effectively your links perform.
- How do I know how many sales and commissions I have earned?
- To see how you have been performing in our program, view the statistics posted under your account at Commission Junction under "Run Reports". You can also generate and customize transaction reports for a specific period of your choosing.
- What is Yahoo Small Business' policy on running my own email campaigns?
- You cannot use the Yahoo Small Business, Yahoo Web Hosting, or Yahoo Merchant Solutions name, links or messaging in email-based marketing campaigns without the prior written consent of Yahoo Small Business. If you are interested in starting an email campaign, or have other creative ideas in this area, please contact us at: email@example.com.