According to recent reports on mobile sales, a staggering 700 million smartphones were shipped in 2012. As more and more IT employees bring their mobile devices to work, enterprises are doing their darndest to embrace the growth, potentially improving productivity and reducing costs.
A report by VMware notes that 84% of employees are using some kind of mobile device for at least part of their work day, but a majority of IT organizations are cautious and insecure to BYOD, aka, Bring Your Own Device. The wariness presented by organizations can probably be attributed to potential security risks posed by undocumented mobile devices, and also some difficult-to-document maintenance and efficiency issues.
Here’s a complete look at the current state of mobile enterprise:
Shedding Light on Growing BYOD Trend Bringing Your Own Device to Work
Infographic by VMware
More Social articles from Business 2 Community:
- How to Get More Followers on Twitter: Engage with Social Promotions
- Buyer-Driven SEO: Let Buyers Drive Your B2B Keyword Strategy!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade of Facts [Infographic]
- Socially Targeted Email Marketing: Minimus.biz Case Study
- Social Stats: What Does your Company Find Most Valuable?