Mobile Business Pages On Facebook Get A Facelift
Facebook has announced that effective immediately, all Facebook Pages when accessed via mobile are getting a new look. According to the post, each day millions of Facebook users access Facebook Pages, and nearly half of that traffic is via mobile devices. As a result, Facebook has made changes to the layout of Facebook Pages when viewed via mobile to make the information that mobile users are looking for easier to find and see.
According to the update:
Design improvements to mobile Pages include:
- A cleaner, simpler look, with better Page layouts for mobile viewing
- More relevant information up front so people can see the information they care about most – such as location and photos – at a glance
- Streamlined and prominent ways to interact with Pages, including actions such as Like, Call, Message, and Share, all of which now appear at the top of Pages
For Page owners
- Higher-appearing pinned posts, where admins can pin important posts (including offers or videos) from their desktops; these posts are now front and center when Pages are accessed on mobile devices
- Easier mobile management, allowing Pages owners the ability to easily switch between public and admin views directly from their mobile Pages/devices
Mobile Business Pages on Facebook get a Facelift
Users accessing Facebook via mobile will see the changes immediately, while iOS users should have access to the changes soon. Facebook has stated that Android users will have an update in short order.
Businesses who have a Facebook Page do not have to do anything to activate the changes, but there are some steps you should take to make sure that you take full advantage of the focus on mobile.
First, make sure that your information is as current as possible. This update is designed to make Facebook competitive with Yelp and Foursquare, with the idea that mobile users are frequently looking for specific information like address and contact information. Make sure it’s there for them!
Second, make sure that you’re using more and more images in your posts and content. Photos are another focal point for users, particularly mobile users, and so Facebook is making your Photos tab even more prominent. Business images and product shots are great, but images of people are even better. Use pictures of you and your staff, happy customers, and so on.
Finally, continue to be active and engaged on Facebook. Businesses should be sharing articles and information daily, and looking for ways to engage and respond to fans. As Graph Search, Facebook’s internal search engine, grows in popularity, more and more Facebook users are going to stumble on your Facebook Page. If they see you haven’t posted a status update since 2012, they’ll quickly lose interest.
Check out the new layout and see what you think!
More Social articles from Business 2 Community: