Not all MBA programs offer different concentrations; but, for those students faced with this two-fold decision (one to satisfy personal needs along with professional needs), the pressure to choose the right one may be daunting. And, rightfully so- many experts agree that certain MBA concentrations set graduates up for certain futures.
So how does a prospective MBA student choose which path is right for him or her? This infographic below, courtesy of Norwich University, suggests 5 helpful tips to consider.
- Know Yourself - Self-reflect to identify your interests, strengths and weaknesses.
- Review Your Past – Think about the jobs/internships you’ve held previously, and remember what you loved and hated about each one.
- Think About the Future – Know what will be important to you 10 years from now.
- Research and Network in Your Field – After honing in on 2-3 concentrations, research more about those fields and network with those already in the field, to get a sense of what being in their world is like.
- Be Flexible – Remember that nothing is ever set in stone, being ready for changes along the way.
Do you have any other tips for prospective MBA students? Let me know in the comments below!
More Social articles from Business 2 Community: