holidaysalesYes, it is only September, but to be honest this article is already running late. If you sell anything online and especially if you run an online store then you should already be thinking about the Holiday season — gift sales gear up from November 1st onward. To be really successful you have to be ready to support those sales with changes to your website, to your email marketing, to your social media, and most importantly with your staffing, shipping, fulfillment, and support services. And that does mean starting NOW.
Holiday Dates to Know
The top online shopping days throughout the holiday season are as follows:
- Thanksgiving Day itself (Nov 22nd this year)
- Black Friday (Nov. 23rd this year. Not as big for online as for offline retail)
- Cyber Monday (Nov. 26th this year)
- Green Monday (apparently eBay's peak shopping day and thus assumed to be a retail peak for everyone — bit of a moving target this but I'd plump for Dec. 10th)
- Free Shipping Day (no — I didn't know this was a big one