I'm re-running a post from last week below to let you know why Small Business Saturday is so important (and to let you see that nifty infographic again). But I thought I'd add a quick list of why you should shop local.
1. Suport your community - your friends and neighbors who own local businesses
2. Get great deals
3. Free $25 courtesy of American Express.
4. Support your local economy - dollars spent at small local businesses stay in the local economy. Dollars spent at big box retailers do not.
5. Get outside and walk around your town - good for your health both mental and emotional.
6. Make new friends - while you are out and about why not make a point of getting to know a new person in your town - even if you've lived there for 50 years there's always someone new to meet.
Small Business Saturday is a great opportunity for small businesses to get some additional business in the peak holiday shopping period. It is basically a special day that American Express picked to provide aRead More »from Six Reasons To Support Small Business Saturday