problem with ebay seller, should i just open a case?
I feel i have given them ample time and warnings to resolve the issues.....
in the first week of December i ordered a toy (a Christmas present) it had stated item would be received 5 working days.....i left it a little longer than that (about 1 and a half weeks) before i contacted them, basically i asked them when the item was sent and when they expected it would be received....o got no response, all in all i must of sent aprox 3-4 emails asking about this, finally i got man and gave them a last warning, that if i got no response i would be opening a case against them, less than an hour later i got a response saying that due to the time of year post was delayed, i replied letting then know that the post wasn't that delayed and all other items i had ordered the same day and after had all come through by now (by this time it was about a week till Christmas) again i get no response. I emailed again asking what they had planned to do to resolve the problem, again no response.......finally a few days before Christmas the item turns up, it was extremely poorly packed (a bit of bin liner and a little tape) so the box the toy was in was damaged, battered corners and a hole in it.
i didn't bother to email about this, so i left negative feedback, saying, slow delivery, bad communication and damaged box.
within a few hours i got an email asking i change my negative feedback, i told them i had a negative experience, therefore i leave negative feedback and had no intention to change it.
he then suggest that if i changed my feedback, he would give me a 50% refund of the item.
i said a 50% refund was the least he could do for all the problems i have had. He emailed again saying that he would be happy to give me a part refund, if i would conform i would change my negative feedback. I replied saying I should be offered a refund because of bad experience and damage of an item, not just so i will change my feedback and that being told to do so gave me more reason to give negative feedback.
finally I received an email saying that a part refund had been sent to me. (i think that was the 22nd dec)
i thought it might take a day or two to process, but then i also received a ebay refund on the 24th of December and it showed up instantly (this was from a separate company, where item had been lost in post)
so the day after boxing day i emailed stating i had nit yet received my refund......again nothing. It seems they only respond when you give then bad feedback or say you will be opening a case against them.
so today i emailed again telling them if i did nit get a response i will be opening a case against them.....so now i am waiting, but really i am wondering why on earth i am giving them the chance to solve the issue that i have already had so much hassle over!
should i just open a case now or give them a chance to sort it out without doing that?
Their feedback was mostly good, but it seems they make a habit of ignoring people when things do go wrong, as all negative feedback said stuff like, emails had been ignored, no communication etc!
I'm not sure how far you'd get opening a case. Despite it being late and packaging damaged, you have now recieved the item. There is no reason why they should have to give you a refund at all (yes it would be polite, but I just don't think they are very polite).
Really I think you should just let it go. You've left appropriate feedback and you know to avoid this seller in the future. Life's too short to chase idiots around.
They sound like idiots. Open the case if you want or just forget about them. They are not worth the time. How annoying tho! What was their other feedback like? Xby Lolly - 12 months ago
take a pic of the damage, and contact ebay, always use contact seller button to communicate with a seller. no deals let ebay handle it.by loves christmas lights - 12 months ago
...or you could just get over it and not waste any more time anguishing.by Jo W - 12 months ago
eBay is not a soap opera. You can hardly expect others to behave professionally when you act like a bored child.
If you don't receive shipping notification within the handling time specified in the auction, you should send ONE (count it - O-N-E) POLITE e-mail asking the seller for the shipping date, method, and tracking number.
If the seller doesn't provide a tracking number and you don't receive the item within the delivery time specified in the auction, you should send ONE (count it - O-N-E) POLITE e-mail notifying the seller.
If you don't receive a response by the end of the next business day, open an item not received case in eBay.
If the item arrives broken, you should send ONE (count it - O-N-E) POLITE e-mail notifying the seller. If you don't receive a response by the end of the next business day, open a significantly not as described case in eBay. Expect to return the item at your expense for a full refund including original shipping.
Leave appropriate feedback after the transaction is complete.