- YEC Member Spotlight: Steph Beer, Chief Communications Officer, nsight2day Young Entrepreneur Council
Can anyone exactly tell me how to ship a item from ebay?
This is my first time shipping a item and I don't know what to do. Do I buy a yellow mail package from staple or something? And should I print out the label address or let the usps print out the label?
please tell me by steps
thank you :)
Selling stuff on ebay is a great way to make money online.
When you have sold the stuff then you have to ship it properly. Here are some suggestions from ebay.com that I got for you.
"OK, so you have just sold something on eBay and don't know the best way to ship it!
If you are planning to sell more items on eBay and don't feel like waiting in lines at the post office, here are some helpful tips!
1. Buy a postage scale. I bought mine at Walmart for $22 and it was worth it!
2. I weigh my items before I list them so that I know what to charge for fair shipping.
3. After an item sells, there is an option right on the email or in My eBay that says, "print shipping label." This makes it super easy and fast! When you choose this option, you don't even have to know the buyer's address, as it will automatically come up in the postage window. Plus paypal will let you knwo if the address is verified or not!
4. All you have to do is choose the type of shipping option (exmaple First Class Mail Parcel), choose the way you have packaged it (example large envelope) and enter the weight (example 5 ounces). Then you choose to pay and print the label.
5. You will print out your label right from your home printer and simply tape it on the package. Be sure not to tape over the barcodes. If you had a problem printing it, not to worry because there is a reprint option and also a cancel and refund option. You can buy letter size sticker paper and attach the label this way, but that costs a bit more!"
Source(s):1 year ago