- A 'Smart' Pair of Shoes With a Noble Purpose Entrepreneur
What questions are usually asked in an interview from a call center?
I've been working hard lately in my studies to be able to fit in
standards of a call center, I mean to be promoted and for my personal
and professional growth.
My goal right now is to work in a callcenter, but I have no idea yet of what kind of interview they have...
Would you please tell me some tips and advice?
thank you very much.
I currently interview people for call center positions.
(No particular order, I am just thinking off the top of my head)
- Tell me about a time in which you had to work at a fast pace for a long period of time. What was the situation and how did you handle it? (call center = fast pace. they want to believe that you can handle it)
- What computer programs are you comfortable working with?
- Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer or coworker. How did you handle the situation and what was the result (call center = lots of difficult customers)
- Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. (always good to stress your customer service skills)
- What do you know about working in a call center?
- Tell me about a time you had to refer a product/service. How did you go about it and were you successful (a lot of call center positions require at least soft sales)?
- Describe a situation when you had to change your approach because your first attempts to persuade a customer failed.
Now if you had previous call center experience, additional questions they would ask is your average call volume, average length of call, and size of the customer database. They may ask how your previous jobs relate to these things.
Lastly we give a scenario that has a bunch of numbers in it, like account numbers, dates, and dollar amounts. We read it as if it was a customer calling and ask the person to write down everything they can remember. This shows their listening and retrieval skills.
Source(s):5 years ago
The key to get throught the interview is to speak well, and confidently while being exceptionally clear and thorough in your speech... but make sure you speak something with sense also.
The main questions that you will be asked on will start from your personal details, such as where you schooled, your educational attainments, your personal hobbies and interests, etc. and then vary into the field on which this call centre is operating in. FOr example if its a call centre for pharmaceuticlas, then they might ask you some questions related to that field, some tricky ones, so MAKE SURE that you go through all neccessary information.(Remember to sort out details about yourself before you say them, such as your hobbies and interests, coz they tend to measure your psychological levels through this too, coz attitude matters alot in a call center job)
Another part of a call center interview is that you get a real type call, and you will have to handle it, and depending on how well you did it, you will score your marks from the interviewers.
At all times, be formal and clear in your speech while being exceptionally confident with what you speak, dont hesitate, and think well before you speak too...
Good luck, and remember, its not gona be difficult, just take it into your mind, and put your best foot forward.