You want more traffic and you want it now! But it can’t just be any old traffic… you want quality traffic who will convert into quality leads, and eventually customers.
The problem is you lack online presence. For some reason you find your visitor and lead numbers are dropping! You’re struggling to drive traffic because your online influence is severely lacking. Too few of your target audience know who you are and it’s costing you business.
The good news is there’s a fix for that. It’s not a quick fix by any means, but like anything worthwhile, your consistent effort over an extended period of time will bear fruit.
Here are some key elements you need for online lead generation at the top of the funnel:
1. Mobile Optimisation
It’s become crucial that B2B marketers optimise their websites for mobile because:
Most people view emails on their iPhone.
5 Top of Funnel Fixes For Lead DegenerationAnd that doesn’t even account for the other non-iPhone mobile email clients!
It’s hard to gauge how accurate this is because iPhones automatically download images (so they naturally have a higher open rate), and Android automatically blocks images.
But still, if you neglect mobile, you’re missing out on a huge chunk of lead generation opportunities. Especially when you consider that…
Smartphones are a starting point for online activities.
Surprised? Google’s “Multi-Screen World” research found that people tend to switch between devices to complete a task, and mostly, they started with their smartphone.
5 Top of Funnel Fixes For Lead Degeneration
You might rank really high for your targeted keyword, but if your site is difficult to use on a smartphone, then your SEO efforts have gone to waste. You risk leaking leads.
2. Content-fuelled SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
Google’s made it clear they’re trying to kill all spammy ways of shortcutting it to the top of their rankings. And the only fool proof way of getting in front of your buyer’s eyes – and staying there – is great content:
- 78% of internet users conduct product research online ( Hubspot).
- Over 50% of CMOs see content creation as a very effective tactic to improve SEO rankings ( MarketingSherpa)
Getting rankings through great content does take plenty of time and effort, but it’s worth it!
3. Compelling CTAs (Calls to action)
How else do you expect to convert site visitors into leads?
Each CTA acts as a ‘ lead conversion bridge’ that takes your buyer from a state of apathy to a state of high interest about whatever it is you’re offering them. So interested, in fact, that they give you their details on the spot.
4. Educational Corporate Blog
Only good things can come out of starting a corporate blog. You get more trust, you climb in rankings, and after going at it for a while, you get more leads that convert into business.
In fact, 57% of businesses have acquired a customer through their company blog ( Hubspot).
Sometimes it’s hard to keep your spirits up after the first few weeks, because sometimes early results are hard to come by. However, the key to building momentum is consistency. You have to prove you’re committed to it first!
5. Use Social Media
We have found that Linkedin and Twitter are by far the most effective channels for B2B lead generation. In fact, they are now our own top converting sources!
You have to…
- Figure out what social media strategy works for your business and your industry. Your buyers are online talking to each other, but you have to figure out where and how you can reach them.
- Stop talking about yourself all the time, because people are sick of hearing about your company’s updates! Social media is about interaction and trust. Why would they follow you at all if all you do is shamelessly promote yourself?
Sharing content that helps your followers and aligns with your company’s philosophy will make you a reputable thought leader, putting you in a better place to disrupt market leaders of their market share.
If you’d like to get your hands on the full top of funnel checklist, please download our B2B marketing health check:
More Business articles from Business 2 Community:
- Business Transcription Outsourcing Explained (Part I)
- How to Use Google Analytics for PR
- Real or Ridiculous? Increasing Passive Income & Profits Through Affiliate Marketing
- Craft Beer Marketing: How To Use Social Media To Promote Your Craft Beer Bar
- 3 Signs You Should Improve Your Internet Video Marketing