For some entrepreneurs, the expression “me motivates me” rings true; for others, it’s a big fat misconception. That’s because the one with all the ideas may not necessarily have the motivation necessary to make them happen. If this describes you, then try memorizing some of these quotes from entrepreneurial and motivational legends:
1. “I had to make my own living and my own opportunity! But I made it! Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them!
2. “A goal, properly set, is halfway reached.”
3. “Do not take the agenda that someone else has mapped out for your life.”
John C. Maxwell
4. “If you believe you can, you probably can. If you believe you won't, you most assuredly won't. Belief is the ignition switch that gets you off the launching pad.”
5. “I am no stranger to working hard. I have done it all my life. As a result I have become accustomed to expecting success in everything I do. Some people call me lucky, but I know
6. “I'm used to all kinds of hard work, as you know. I'm not afraid whatsoever.”
7. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work.”
8. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”
9. “There are no rules. You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over, and it’s because you fall over that you learn to save yourself from falling over. It’s the greatest thrill in the world and it runs away screaming at the first sight of bullet points.”
10. “The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer.”
If these motivational quotes don’t get you off the couch, then perhaps nothing will. Choose two or three to post on the mirror, and use them as daily motivation to start your business now.